Lots to love
If you've been on the fence about upgrading the radio in your vehicle, it's time to hop over. Sony's XAV-AX8100 digital multimedia receiver gives you phone integration essentials like Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®, plus screen-mirroring capability with WebLink® Cast. But the really exciting thing is that it uses a single-DIN (2" tall) chassis design to unlock awesome, 8.95" touchscreen control for vehicle owners who thought they could never have an interface this big in their dash. This Sony's resistive touchscreen hovers over your dash and you can adjust its angle for the best possible fit. All that, plus extra power, awesome expandability, and quick wake-up when you start the car, help make this stereo an upgrade you won't regret.
Works in most dashes
The XAV-AX8100 comes in two main pieces: a 2" tall chassis and a 8.95" touchscreen. The chassis fits in most single-DIN dash openings, so it'll work great in many older vehicles. When you mount the chassis in your dash opening, the screen offers three-way adjustability so that you don't block essential climate controls upon installation.
What's better than Apple CarPlay? Apple CarPlay on a 8.95" screen! Take your iPhone® experience in the car to the next level with a seamless interface and Siri®-powered voice control you know. Learn more about access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third party streaming music apps at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Android Auto™ and more
Sony builds in Android Auto, an in-car essential for any Android user. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
With WebLink Cast and a wired connection, you'll be able to mirror your Android or iPhone touchscreen and see it on your stereo's 8.95" display. It's a great way to access apps not supported by Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
Of course, Sony gives you Bluetooth® as well. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Use the rear USB input to attach your smartphone for use with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, or you can connect a thumb drive with your favorite music, video files, and even lossless FLAC files for a more fulfilling sound. Sony also includes a rear-view camera input and distance guidance display to make the XAV-AX8100 your perfect command center. Sony also includes an HDMI input to incorporate compatible video sources. And this radio is SiriusXM-ready, so you can add a satellite radio tuner and enjoy your favorite music, sports, entertainment, and more anywhere you go.
Awesome power and expandability
Sony gives you impressive signal processing and power built-in, but if you're building a more robust system with an outboard amp, 5-volt preamp outputs supply a satisfyingly clear signal. Plus, you'll have a 10-band graphic EQ, EXTRA BASS, and more sound-sculpting tools to help you dial in the sound you've always wanted in the car.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 8.95" resistive anti-glare touchscreen with three-way adjustable mount
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
- WebLink Cast for screen-mirroring with Apple and Android devices
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files
- 10-band graphic equalizer
- high- and low-pass filters
- Extra Bass
- Dynamic Stage Organizer for improving stereo image
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner
- inputs: rear USB port, HDMI input, and rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS CTA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- wireless remote
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Quick Wake-up feature for fast turn-on
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XAV-AX8100
What's in the box:
- Single-DIN source unit (10A fuse)
- 8.95" Touchscreen monitor
- Wiring harness (attached 6.5' parking brake wire)
- 3-Wire to 3.5mm SWC adapter
- 52" USB extension cable
- 23" USB extension cable
- Remote control (RM-X170)
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle mono-3.5mm connector)
- Surface bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Four M5x6mm ISO-screws
- Four M4x6mm machine screws
- M3x8mm machine screw
- Hook-and-loop cable-tie
- 2 Rear-panel covers
- Cable-cover (pre-installed)
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Installation Note