SONY 8000 MEDIA RECEIVER
Sony's star stereo
When I heard about Sony's XAV-AX8000 digital multimedia receiver, I was a little jealous of anyone who'd be swapping their old stereo out for this major touchscreen upgrade. I've always been a Sony fan for their practical feature sets and streamlined approach to stereos — and the XAV-AX8000 adds an impressive 8.95" touchscreen to the mix. Best of all, the single-DIN (2" tall) chassis design unlocks awesome possibilities for vehicle owners who thought they could never have an interface this big in their dash. This Sony's resistive touchscreen hovers over your dash and you can adjust its angle to the best possible fit.
Works in most dashes
The XAV-AX8000 comes in two main pieces: a 2" tall chassis and a 8.95" touchscreen. The chassis fits in most single-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be a major issue for most vehicles. When you mount the chassis in your dash opening, the screen offers three-way adjustability so that you don't block essential climate controls upon installation.
What's better than Apple CarPlay? Apple CarPlay on a 8.95" screen! Take your iPhone® experience in the car to the next level with a seamless interface and Siri®-powered voice control you know. Learn more about access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third party streaming music apps at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Android Auto™ and more
Sony builds in Android Auto, an in-car essential for any Android user. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto. Additionally, Sony builds in WebLink® for Android devices that allows you to mirror your smartphone on your touchscreen display.
Of course, Sony gives you Bluetooth as well. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
And a lot more good stuff
You can use the rear USB input to attach your smartphone for use with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, or you can connect a thumb drive with your favorite music, video files, and even lossless FLAC files for a more fulfilling sound. Sony also includes a rear-view camera input and distance guidance display to make the XAV-AX8000 your perfect command center. And this radio is SiriusXM-ready, so you can add a satellite radio tuner and enjoy your favorite music, sports, entertainment, and more anywhere you go.
All the tweaking tools you need
Sony provides a 10-band graphic EQ, two levels of Bass Boost, and more sound-sculpting tools to help you dial in the sound you've always wanted in the car.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 8.95" resistive touchscreen with three-way adjustable mount
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files
- 10-band graphic equalizer
- high- and low-pass filters
- Bass Boost
- Dynamic Stage Organizer for improving stereo image
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner
- inputs: rear USB port, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS CTA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- wireless remote
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- super-fast start up time
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XAVAX8000
What's in the box:
- Single-DIN source unit (10A fuse)
- 8.95" Touchscreen monitor
- Wiring harness (6.5' parking brake wire)
- 3-Wire to 3.5mm SWC adapter
- 52" USB extension cable
- 23" USB extension cable
- Remote control (RM-X170)
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle mono-3.5mm connector)
- Surface bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Four M5 x 6mm ISO-screws
- Four M4 x 6mm machine screws
- M3 x 8mm machine screw
- 2 Rear-panel covers
- Cable-cover (pre-installed)
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Installation Note